The Day My Life Flashed in Front of My Eyes

I smelt the freshly cut grass go up into my nose. I tasted the dirt slip into my mouth. I could hear the wind against a driver and I turned around to see whose it was and; “ping”, that’s the last thing I heard before I passed out. The dead grass and canvas painted sky turned into a blacked out blur. I felt the soft grass in between my toes turn into cold, hard, rock. I saw my life flash in front of my eyes.

Now, all I can hear is that ear screeching sound ring through my head from the golf clubs impact. What? Why? Where am I?, I thought. I try to open my eyes, but it doesn’t seem to work. I see little dabs of color swirling around. Why are there colors? Why can’t I open my eyes? WHAT IS GOING ON?, my anger starts to rise and now I’m screaming at myself inside my head. I think of all the possible things that might have happened. Am I dead?, I ask myself. No answer. Thinking that I might be dead I question, God? Hello? God? No answer again. Well, I’m not dead, I think.

My eye suddenly starts to feel like little strings are pulling it back, like a puppet. Then I realized what had happened. I slowly flutter my eyes open and look around me to figure out my surroundings. I smell the stench of saline disgrace my nose. I’m in a hospital, I think. I start to hyper-ventilate. I taste the salty tears trickle over my lips and onto my tongue. I lay here on a blue hospital bed speechless.

I’m alive! I’m awake!, I think. I see that a nurse with blonde hair and ocean blue eyes is pulling me into a cat scan. Uh oh, I think. It’s dark and all white. I look up where the nurse tells me to look at and 2 hours later I’m done.

All I can think about now is the pain. My eye is black and swollen. I look disturbing. My life stinks, thanks a lot golf club, I think. It feels like it punctured my heart. I’m so ugly. The pain still haunts my dreams.