My Lucky Shoes

It’s dark. Pitch black. My eyes are shut tight. I’m praying that I can win this tournament. I know that the other girls are better than me. They have been playing for 6 or 7 years. I have only been playing for one. Today I’m going to win. I’m determined. Underneath the layer of confidence I show, there’s fear. I know I will win cause I have… My lucky shoes. I have had these shoes through the year I have been playing. Despite how filthy the bottom of the shoe is. They have won me either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place in every tournament. These shoes are white with a black nike sign next to the grey pattern. They have brought me above and beyond my career. I hesitantly open my eyes to my name being called. I step onto the tee box, put my tee in, take a practice swing, and BAM a 215 yard driver down the center of the fairway, past the other girls shots. “Thank you”, I whisper to my shoes. You lead me to victory.

One thought on “My Lucky Shoes

1. Excellent job showing the stress and tension, and then your reassurance at remembering your lucky shoes. Well done, Lauren!